If he finishes next June, that means that this is our last summer in Boston, so I have made it my mission to do all the summer New England things that we have not yet done. This means that every time I hear about a fun outing, I totally jump on it.
So today we went to a local Greek Festival at a Greek Orthodox church. Y'all, this was the real deal. It was awesome. And by that, I mean the food was awesome. Of course, they also had some serious Greek music playing--I felt like I walked into the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." And all the people working the event had Greek names and spoke with Greek accents. The signs even had Greek translations on them.
Here's a picture of our dessert bounty. Baklava, Greek coffee frappe, Greek yogurt, and some kind of fried dough dipped in honey and rolled in walnuts. (We also had gyros, but did you really want a picture of them? Didn't think so. Of course, maybe you didn't want a picture of our baklava, either....)
Nathan and Noah. I don't know if you can see it, but the signs in the background have Greek translations on them.
2 comments:
I actually really like the bronzed etching! Probably wouldn't fair well in my Pottery Barn house, though!
You are not the first one to say that! Actually, once we saw the picture, we thought it wasn't so bad. I think that seeing an entire wall covered with bronze figures smacks you with gaudiness, not to mention the fact that half of them were nudes. But if you're only looking at one and it's The Lord's Supper, it's not so bad. :)
Post a Comment