Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Minutiae

  • We got cable! Not just the "basic cable," which is the local channels plus the Spanish channels. We finally got standard cable, and (and this probably doesn't need saying) I am really happy that when Project Runway starts again, I'll be able to watch it instead of losing a little bit of myself every time I see it scroll by on the TV Guide channel.
  • I love chicken salad in the summer. I especially love it when it has red grapes and pecans in it. I made some last night, and it's making my summer, along with Snapple Diet Peach Tea, which I am drinking like no tomorrow. I seriously go through nearly half a gallon every two days.
  • I have lost nearly 10 lbs.! The pregnancy weight is going away. I am really happy about that.
  • It was 96 degrees here yesterday, the last day of a 4-day humid heat wave. Ick. This actually deserves a mega-Ick, because we don't have air conditioning. We do have two window units, but they're in the bedrooms, so they don't keep the whole apartment cool. It's alright, though. We're surviving. :) I just have way less motivation to get out in the heat and humidity to go for walks with Noah.
  • I have one last recipe to share, and believe me, YOU WANT IT. It is my Granny's banana pudding, and it is the best banana pudding you will ever put in your mouth. However, judging from the lack of comments on my other recipes, I am wondering if all you lurkers deserve this delicious treat. I mean, will you even appreciate its wondrousness? I am not too willing to share this family specialty if it will not be heralded as the gem that it is, so you guys better make me believe that you want it. :) Leave a comment, if so.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Banana pudding is my love language!

MB said...

I wouldn't mind a new recipe :)

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

You better believe I'd love a nana puddin' recipe! Bring it on!!!

Anonymous said...

You know we are all hanging out for Granny's banana pudding recipe! :-) By the way, the spinach and black bean burritos were great last night -- we will definitely be having them again.

FitzandMolly said...

i like a good banana pudding.

Anonymous said...

I'm making the burritos tonight.
I make a pretty mean banana pudding myself, so I'd like to see your Granny's recipe to see if it's like mine.
In other words, keep sharing recipes.And, on a totally unrelated note, Noah is precious.
Leigh (Katie's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
What in the world is that M word that you titled this blog?
mom

Jenny said...

What is your chicken salad recipe? I have been looking for a simple one, I DO love Chicken salad in the summer! Do you have Chick-fil-A up there? Cause they just added a chicken salad sandwich to their menu and it is DELICIOUS!