Nathan's youngest brother, Matthew, called today to tell me that he got into Cambridge University! HELLO, is that exciting or what???
He is graduating from Baylor this year with a Physics degree, and he has applied to lots of
different places for grad school. He said he didn't really expect to get into Cambridge, but boy is everyone excited that he did!Now, one of the reasons that this is so cool, other than the fact that we are talking about Cambridge, here, and that he and Emily (his fiancee) would be living overseas in England, is that there is a strong Benesh tie to the University. Nathan's dad did his postdoc there, and Nathan was born there. Their family lived in Cambridge off and on until Nathan was about 8, when they settled in Waco. So all the kids have a great fondness for the town and the University, and Nathan's parents still have friends there.
Plus, I studied abroad at Cambridge one summer in college, and I absolutely fell in love with the place. In fact, Nathan came with me for a few days, and the first thing we did when we got there was to go see his old neighbors, an elderly couple who kindly invited us in for tea, even though they weren't sure who we were. Ha! The next day, as I went to an amazing Shakespeare class, Nathan went to his old elementary school and asked if any of his old teachers still worked there. Isn't that funny? All of us love the city, and we're really excited about visiting Matthew and Emily, if they do decide to move there (Matthew is still waiting to hear from some other schools, too).
Just click on this picture and tell me you wouldn't love to live here, too!
3 comments:
Hi Lauren!
I'm going to try to make the cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving. We'll be thinking of you guys! Hope you are doing well!
Julie
Hey Lauren!
wow, that looks beautiful! i can't wait to go back to england again. you must be so excited :)
steph
Wow, I'm famous.
And hopefully I'm no longer just a 'lurker'...
Post a Comment