So here's the update on an old post. I have, indeed, been using my Arbonne Transforming Lift on my belly every day to avoid stretch marks, as well as the anti-aging body serum + body lotion. And guess what, people, I have no stretch marks! YET! (Knock on wood!)
Now, who really knows if this has to do with the product or whether I am just predisposed not to get them? I guess we can't know for sure. But I will say that I am not going to stop using this stuff now! Plus, the skin on my belly has this lovely glow that I wish I had everywhere. :)
On a somewhat related note, what struck me the other day was that this ginormous belly of mine just seems like the most natural thing in the world. I always thought being pregnant would be like having an alien growing inside you while your body stretched to unnatural and uncomfortable proportions. But what I've found is that I'm pretty at ease with the whole thing. The way my body has changed has just seemed like a matter of course. Nothing has freaked me out or made me upset.
With one exception. I don't have one yet, but it is coming, I know. And I HATE it. What is it?
The outie.
Y'all, I know this is stupid, but I REALLY don't want to get an outie. I have no idea why. This is the one thing that I feel like is a violation of everything normal in life, at least for me. I normally have just about the deepest innie you can imagine--Nathan used to comment on how crazy it was. But now my belly button is completely and totally flat. It's just a little circle on my belly that you know USED to be a belly button. And it has been like that for a month or two, so I have been waiting to see it pop for some time now, and it hasn't yet. I think God knows how much this one thing would mess with my mind, somehow, so he's been gracious. But I don't know if it can last much longer. . . .
7 comments:
why ya gotta be an outie-hater?! i have an outie and i am proud of it. it's always the "innies" that think THEY are the normal ones! well there is nothing wrong with having an outie!
also, i would like to add that i am among the people whose second toe is shorter than my big toe. i would like to propose that WE have the normal toes, not the ones whose second toe (index toe if it were a finger) is longer than the big toe. my toes cascade in a lovely downward slant from longest to pinky and i think THAT is they way it's supposed to be.
as for belly buttons i think there is not a similar argument that "in" is preferable to "out"
I agree on the toe thing! Mine are that way, too.
And I am not an outie-hater! I am just saying that I am so used to having my innie--it's practically a part of my identity, for some weird reason--that it will rock my world a little bit to have an outie. I am sure your outie is cute.
I hear little Nathan Gregory Dale William(s) Leopold Benesh is so strong that his kicks make bubble marks on your belly! What a deud! Cowboys have to be really strong to wrestle those calves to the ground and tie their feet up!
signed,
the grandma who isn't sure of a name yet
ok, all pro-innie comments are forgiven :)
Another thing,
I have no stretch marks from you or Ken. You are built just like Grandma, though, so we don't know if she had a striped tummy.
Love you with or without stripes,
mom
How is the pregnancy?
It was a little akward having an outie for me too!
I have the second long toe, and I love it! It helps me play the keyboard with my toes which is a hidden talent. lol
my coworker debbie said that for her, that was the final insult. i was a little afraid of it too, but it never happened to me.
Post a Comment