Monday, October 29, 2007

My Hormones are Eating My Brain

I think my pregnancy hormones are eating my brain.

This weekend I was shaving my legs in the shower (which is becoming quite the athletic feat, considering the size of this belly), and when I went to shave the second leg, I could not for the life of me remember which leg I had not shaved yet. I was standing there in the shower, razor in one hand and shaving gel in the other, trying to figure out which leg I had just finished with! And I never remembered. I had to feel to see which one was still hairy. This is bad.

Later that day, when I went to pick up Nathan from the airport, he asked me if I wanted him to drive. I said no, but I later secretly thought to myself, "Maybe I should have said yes . . . no telling what kind of bad driving mistake I am going to make if I can't even remember which leg I just shaved." We got home okay, though.

By the way, I am ready for this kid to come. I am starting to get uncomfortable, and it is not fun. My back was hurting after only being at my desk an hour today, and yes, I did do my yoga this morning, which helped last week. Woe is me that it didn't help today. I can't believe I have another 8 weeks of this. I read this online earlier today and it really kind of upset me:
  • Your baby is up to 3.75 pounds (1702gm) now and is 16.7 inches (42.4cm) long.
  • You might notice she's not moving around as much now. Don't worry! She is fine -- just running short on room. She still has plenty of growing to do though, believe it or not!

My thoughts: "Oh no. He's got another 3 or 4 (or more!) pounds to go! He is going to DOUBLE in size! Oh no. I don't have room for this."

Besides that, the outie is coming. I know it. I can see it coming.

It's only Monday. Crap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm sorry about your pregnancy woes! Maybe he'll come early just for mom :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment so you won't call me a creepy blog reader!

April Drolet said...

You're hilarious! Maybe you could just forget the whole shaving bit like the Europeans! No, that might not be too cool after second thought. But it would take a little pressure off! My thing when I'm pregnant is running red lights, like my brain doesn't compute fast enough to slow down!
So I ran like 4 in one day!

Anonymous said...

After Baby B is born and you look at his sweet little face, you'll forget about all the aches and pains :-)