
Per my request, the very first thing we did when we landed in Houston was go straight to have some Mexican food! So we went for a huge lunch, after which I saw that my ankles had swollen a lot from the plane ride, and all that salt probably was not the best idea. Oh well, it was still REALLY good. Ken and Meredith came into town that day to see us and have lunch. It was nice!
The next day I had a baby shower at my friend April's house! It was SO nice. My mom was really touched at how many people came (about 20) and who was there. It was sweet to see everyone, and we all had a good time. Plus, I got more cowboy outfits than I knew existed! This is going to be one well-dressed kid!
(and the amazing Italian Creme cake, a second piece of which I swiped after
everyone else had left!)
We went to Waco on Labor Day to spend a few days with Nathan's family, and I have zero pictures of that because we were totally lazy and did not do much of anything. Except eat. It was really nice to just kind of "be" for a while and not have an agenda.
Then we headed back to Houston for the next weekend, because I had another shower scheduled. But woe to me, I got food poisoning. I thought that I would still be able to make it to the shower, but I really was just too sick, and I was just dying that I wasn't able to go. Mostly because about 20 friends were coming, some of whom drove from Austin or Dallas, and it just killed me that I wasn't going to get to see everyone. But what we ended up doing worked pretty well--Mom and Nathan went, and Nathan opened all the presents. Ha! I think he was totally out of his element, but he was a good sport. And Sarah and Courtney went all out with the cowboy decorations and the awesome food. Nathan took a few pictures of the decorations, and Mom sent me a picture of Nathan opening a gift. For a couple more pics, see Courtney's blog.




Then we headed back to Houston for the next weekend, because I had another shower scheduled. But woe to me, I got food poisoning. I thought that I would still be able to make it to the shower, but I really was just too sick, and I was just dying that I wasn't able to go. Mostly because about 20 friends were coming, some of whom drove from Austin or Dallas, and it just killed me that I wasn't going to get to see everyone. But what we ended up doing worked pretty well--Mom and Nathan went, and Nathan opened all the presents. Ha! I think he was totally out of his element, but he was a good sport. And Sarah and Courtney went all out with the cowboy decorations and the awesome food. Nathan took a few pictures of the decorations, and Mom sent me a picture of Nathan opening a gift. For a couple more pics, see Courtney's blog.

2 comments:
I'm buying Jackson a cowboy outfit this week. We're having a square dance on Thursday for our college students and of course my boy must be there in boots and mini-wraglers!!! I can't wait! I'm so glad your grandma got you a Hooter Hider. They're the best!
You're the 4th person that has that same pattern Hooter Hider (including me!) They're wonderful, especially in the beginning when they eat every 2 hours and take about an hour to eat each time.
Post a Comment