Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things

  1. All of my posts lately have had at least one comment! Yay! You blog peepers/lurkers are finally braving the blog world! I appreciate it!
  2. We did get that baby furniture I posted pictures of a while back. It's in perfect condition, and it will look stellar with the baby cowboy bedding!
  3. Stellar is a nifty word.
  4. I have had a lot of comments about my Chick-fil-A "chicken righteousness" post. I'm glad someone other than me thinks I'm funny! Nathan says one of my peccadillos is that I always laugh at my own dumb jokes, even if no one else does. So I'm glad I wasn't laughing alone this time. :)
  5. I read an interesting article on Christianity Today's website today. It was linked from Amanda's blog.
  6. I have been trying to fit some long walks into my schedule (see the weight gain post), and I have discovered that a.) I am slower! and b.) I definitely feel the strain in muscles that haven't been bothered by walks before. I'm wondering if it's the extra weight or if my hips are getting marginally wider or something.
  7. My placenta is in the front of my uterus, and it acts like a shock absorber, so I only feel kicks on the sides, top, bottom, and BACK of my uterus! I wonder if he'll be kicking me in the organs once he's bigger. (Sorry if words like "uterus" and "placenta" gross you out.)
  8. This is a cool website for looking at weekly fetal development (I am in week 26): http://www.pregnancy.org/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment2.php#week26
  9. Lately, anything orange flavored that I have eaten tastes like Triaminic to me. Nathan got an orange cream soda, and it tasted like Triaminic. I tried an Orange Mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks today, and it tasted like Triaminic. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones making my tastebuds a little whacked, or if Triaminic has ruined me for creamy orange flavor forever.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

#4 - I always crack myself up. I believe it is a very desireable quality. If nothing around you is going right, at least you can always entertain yourself.

#6 - you are slower and sore for every reason you stated. keep it up, though. exercise will make labor & delivery so much more manageable. I did a prenatal yoga dvd very often - it was awesome.

Valerie said...

You're too funny. I'm so glad I have this now to check in on you!

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

I'm so glad you guys got the baby furniture! Yay! I know it will look great! I know you just sort of listed some random things about yourself, but I just tagged you! Check out my blog.