Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ginormous

Okay, I am freaking huge.

I don't know what the deal is, but I just keep growing like nobody's business. Luckily, I am not putting on weight very much in places other than my belly (or is it that my huge belly makes everything else look small?), but overall I have gained a ridiculous amount of weight. I went to the doctor today, and I'm only a few pounds short of the minimum amount of weight you should gain for your WHOLE pregnancy, and let's see, hmm, I'M ONLY BARELY SIX MONTHS!!!!!

Seriously, my family was like, "Are you having twins or what?" One woman at my shower even looked at me in awe and told me I looked like I'm about to deliver. Sweet. People at work are like, "Yeah, you definitely look, um, pregnant." And my doctor pointed out today that if it keeps up at this rate, I could be in for a really big baby. Lauren is NOT too excited about the prospect of a huge baby.

Y'all need to write me and make me feel better about this. Or give me advice, or something. I'll post a picture once Nathan gets back in town and can take one of me.

Oh, and an update about our week in Texas is coming, I promise.

9 comments:

Murrell Family said...

I won't tell you how much weight I gained with Joshua b/c I'm a little embarrassed by it, but I blew past the "recommended" weight gain. I was just lucky that Joshua came a month early, or I would have been getting serious lectures from my OB that last month! I'm sure you look amazing!

FitzandMolly said...

don't worry about it. unless you're eating like a cow, you'll be okay. my weight came on in spurts, and i was nervous b/c i had only 5 lbs to get me to the "recommended" weight, and i still had 2 or 3 months to go. i actually ended up losing 5 lbs. in the last month.

also, people think it is their God-given right to comment on the weight of pregnant women. i was told all the time that i was too little to have a baby. hearing that several times a day made me think that something was wrong with me or moriah. you are fine, your baby is fine, you are beautiful, and your body is doing exactly what it was designed to do. hang in there, and eat some more ice cream if you want!

Bruce and Morgan said...

Totally agree with Courtney...your body is doing just what it needs to in order to make a precious little one. And some people gain more in different trimesters (mine was all in my 2nd and 3rd). Just keep eating normally plus a little extra for the baby and you'll be fine.

Lauren said...

When Nathan got home from Palm Springs last night, I told him how much weight I had gained and how I was worried about it, and his jaw nearly hit the floor. He said he couldn't believe that I had gained 22 lbs. (there, now you know), and that I didn't look like it to him. He thinks I look good. :) He keeps telling me that pregnancy suits me. :)

Eliza said...

I know that you don't know me, but thought that I would let you know you are just beautiful! (yes, I know that I can't even see you, but really...who is not beautiful pregnant!?) I would just suggest to be careful about sugars...I grew soooo big with Noah that a sub dr. said a comment like..."if your dr. thinks your are still going to wait another month she is kidding herself." I was a little hurt, but we knew the date for sure. BUT...my ges. diabetes test said I wasn't, but when he was born (10 pounds, 3.4 oz) he kind of crashed and was a little scary there for a bit.

Now I am watching sugars and starches and eating a lot of "good for me carbs" with my new pregnancy. Even if I pass the ges. test I will eat like I haven't! Just my two cents, you can ignore it all you want to!

Believe me, I am working hard at not having a 10 pounder this time!

Anonymous said...

I think you look perfectly beautiful! And I agree with Nathan. Your skin glows and you look extremely healthy and pretty! Your friends are right. I don't know but one person (Aunt Moug) who gained less than 30 pounds while pregnant.
mom

Anonymous said...

I would like to "weigh" in and say that I believe big babies turn into witty, delightful and highly intelligent human beings. Case in point-I was over 9 pounds and Lindsay was 10 1/2. :)

Will you be back in H-town anytime before your due date-I missed getting to see you this weekend-although it sounds like all you got to see was the commode . . .

Katie

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Nathan. You don't look freaking huge. I wouldn't have guessed 22 either. Must be a big Benesh boy :).

-A

---- said...

pregnancy does suit you. of any time in your life, it's perfectly reasonable to be glowing and gain weight that allows you to give your baby boy fat baby cheeks that his aunt meredith can squeeze.

my mom only ate baskin robbins ice cream when she was pregnant with me. enjoy it.