Sometimes you forget how blessed you are. I was just on Pioneer Woman's website, leaving a comment in order to enter a giveaway, when I briefly read someone else's comment. The woman said that if she could stay any age forever, it'd be the age when she had her baby, because "maternity leave was awesome!"
That just gave me a reality check. Because, truly, it says a lot. It says she's a working mom and would love to be home with her baby. It also says that she wants that life so much that staying home with her baby at the absolute toughest and most exhausting age (0-3 months) was one of the joys of her life.
Reflecting on that this morning just reminded me of how very blessed I am to be able to stay at home with my kids and not have to juggle the competing priority of work. It's a blessing I often don't recognize, because, of course, there are a lot of difficult aspects to being a stay at home mom. But it is still a very great blessing.
2 comments:
Humbling for me too...very, very true. Need plenty of reminders to savor what some moms have to miss out on. Sometimes I complain about our modest fixer upper and later am hit across the head with the thoughts: a) this is a problem of a spoiled rotten first-world inhabitant and b) I choose a fixer-upper+home with kids over nicer house+have to work. Easy choice!! Thank you God for the privilege, now please give me grace not to screw them up entirely :)
Wonderful comment, Amy; thanks!
Post a Comment