- The shot of the cathedral from the ceiling just after Kate processed down to the front was spectacular. So grand.
- I suppose I won't be able to publish this post unless I say something about the dress: loved it. My favorite part was the bodice; I totally would have worn that, myself. In fact, I nearly bought a gown with long sleeves. The lace was lovely, especially at the neckline. And I thought the delicacy of her veil was very becoming and romantic, too.
- As soon as the congregation began singing the first hymn, I thought, "Oh my gosh, this is just like church!" And from then on, I really loved it. I don't know why, but I just expected it to be a more secular wedding, and I was so pleased that it was not. I think I also connected so much at that point because they were singing a hymn that we often sang at Park Street, and I suppose I just felt the connection to the greater Church while singing one of the great hymns of the faith.
- I thought that the bishops who officiated the ceremony did a wonderful job, and I enjoyed listening to what they said. I especially liked how they blessed William and Catherine's future children, publicly and before they were born.
- Nathan and I both thought that the music was impeccable. The choirs, the selections, the trumpets, all of it!
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Reflections on the Royal Wedding
Nathan and I just finished watching a recording of the Royal Wedding, and here are some of my thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie and I just finished watching the wedding and expressed many of the same thoughts! I especially liked the
anthem the choir sang that was written by John Rutter for the wedding. It was all scripture from several Psalms. Loved it! And we thought Kate's brother did such a great job of the Romans passages. And the dress...it was, simply, perfect.
Post a Comment