When I first decided to sign up for a 5K to motivate myself to run, I originally went to Uncle Steve's website, CenTexRuns.com (Central Texas Runs), and found the Blue Bell Fun Run. At around three months away, I figured it'd give me time to work up to the distance I needed. And when I asked Nathan if it was one he'd like to run, we both agreed that there's really no better motivation than ice cream at the end of the race.
At the Bearathon, which was a flat course, I had a time of 34:37. At the Blue Bell Fun Run, which was fairly hilly (and so much harder because of it!), I improved my time to 31:49. Sweet! Really, if I can consistently get my time under 30 minutes, I'd be content. Nathan came in 67th out of the nearly 1700 runners and 13th in his age group with a time of 23:43. Yeah, and how long has he been training for it? About three weeks. Nerd. I've never known him to be out of shape, no matter how long he goes without working out. He has also pretty much been the same weight since we met in college, no matter how he eats. He is a freak of nature.
The next race we sign up for will probably be in June, and it has a 1K for kids--perfect for Noah!
2 comments:
Awesome job! That's a great time Lauren :) Nate's time is ridiculous. Ridiculous.
Can I just say that #1: His legs are longer and #2: His body hasn't cooked and then birthed two babies. So, I think your time is fabulous!
Post a Comment