Here's our garden as of today! Hasn't it grown?

Our very first bell pepper is beginning to grow. Nifty!

Those heart shaped leaves are my yellow wax beans. The tall stalk is a potato plant, which I did not realize would grow so tall. If I had known, I would have planted my chives and green onions elsewhere, since they're being shaded.

By the way, potato plants are surprisingly attractive, I think, though this picture doesn't really show it.

We annexed another portion of the overgrown flower bed so that we could plant some zucchini, carrots, and more cherry tomatoes. Hooray! I'm so glad we were able to find a place for some zucchini.

In fact, we just stuck a couple in some other overgrown beds, because we had some extra seedlings, and I couldn't bear to just throw them away. And, as Nathan put it, "I'd rather have wild zucchini growing than poison ivy."

Our neighbor had too many cucumber seedlings, so he gave us one, and we planted it in the same overgrown bed. We weren't going to turn down some free cucumber, you know?
If you look closely, you'll see two yellow wax bean plants growing at the base of the trellis.

The very first tomato that appeared on our plants was also the first to begin to turn red. So exciting! This is a picture of it yesterday.

And this is a picture of it today!
The first tomato of our summer harvest!
Hooray!
Our very first bell pepper is beginning to grow. Nifty!
Those heart shaped leaves are my yellow wax beans. The tall stalk is a potato plant, which I did not realize would grow so tall. If I had known, I would have planted my chives and green onions elsewhere, since they're being shaded.
By the way, potato plants are surprisingly attractive, I think, though this picture doesn't really show it.
We annexed another portion of the overgrown flower bed so that we could plant some zucchini, carrots, and more cherry tomatoes. Hooray! I'm so glad we were able to find a place for some zucchini.
In fact, we just stuck a couple in some other overgrown beds, because we had some extra seedlings, and I couldn't bear to just throw them away. And, as Nathan put it, "I'd rather have wild zucchini growing than poison ivy."
Our neighbor had too many cucumber seedlings, so he gave us one, and we planted it in the same overgrown bed. We weren't going to turn down some free cucumber, you know?
If you look closely, you'll see two yellow wax bean plants growing at the base of the trellis.
The very first tomato that appeared on our plants was also the first to begin to turn red. So exciting! This is a picture of it yesterday.
And this is a picture of it today!
Hooray!
4 comments:
Did Noah save any baguette to go with that tomato?
Ha ha!
It is so fun watching your garden grow! I mean, I've always known where vegetables come from (before I buy them at Kroger of course), but it is just so fascinating to see them growing in real life-and in your backyard!
yea! the plants growing from the potatoes should start to die soon, which is the sign that they're ready to be pulled up from the ground. Then you won't have to worry about your chives & onions - onions are ready into late summer.
Post a Comment