- I forgot what I was going to say first. Typical. I have to make like three trips to Target every week because I'm constantly forgetting something. Like diaper wipes. This morning, I discovered we are out of wipes. Not a good thing to run out of.
- My belly is huge. No, really, it is. Tonight Nathan told me (somewhat apologetically) that it really does look like I'm ready to deliver, that I'm as big as other women are when they are nine months. And, y'all, he is right. And how far along am I? Six months. I have a third of my pregnancy left. Though I think I was about this big with Noah, too.
- Speaking of which, I think I can now say that I carry my babies out front. On the down side, I look huge. On the up side, I don't get indigestion because my stomach's not as crowded. ;)
- I don't have the body image anxiety I had last time. I'm sure this is partially because I'm not gaining as much weight. But I think it's also because everything already happened two years ago--I already have the stretch marks, etc. It's just not that shocking or disconcerting anymore. Plus, as a mom, I am just less vain than I was in my previous life.
- I am too tired to write anymore. My brain has turned off. Also typical. Goodnight.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
This Round
Some things about pregnancy this round:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lauren, you don't look as big as you think you do, and I saw you yesterday! On the other hand, I think I carry exactly like you do, so maybe I'm not the best judge. I looked ready to go at about 6-7 months, and everything just kept going straight out (and down unfortunately, 2nd time around). I think I have an umbilical hernia from all the growth, and let's just say that the skin on my belly was so stretched it doesn't really look like skin anymore :{ So, you can know you're not the only one. I wish I could find my hidden vanity again...my problem now is I don't care enough about losing the weight...too busy and tired!
Lauren - you don't look that big! I think when people see a pregnant woman they think of a 6-7 month pregnant women. 9 month pregnant women are HUGE. I decided maternity clothes aren't made for nine months but cute second trimester bellies. I had a guy the other day tell me I am WAY to big for 21 weeks - men (LOL). You look cute! Love ya - Christina
yes, yes, yes. i am in agreement on this post - i didn't care as much the second time around b/c i was definitely more vain before babies.
Just wait until random people start asking you if you are having twins...when you are only 7 months along. :-D It's the joy of carrying big children.
Post a Comment