- Poor Noah is sick. When he woke up from his nap today, I found that he was running a temp of nearly 104, so I took him in to the doctor, and she discovered that his throat was "angry red." Poor kid. He bounces back and forth between feeling terribly sick and playing normally. I think we will take it pretty easy tomorrow.
- On the up side, it's been nice to discover that Noah really likes it when I sing. Both when he got his flu shot earlier this week and when we were at the doctor's office again today, he could not stop crying. When I asked him if he wanted me to sing, he said yes, and he did quiet down a bit to listen. It makes me feel good that my singing can relax him and make him feel safe. :) Also, I have found that "Silent Night" makes a wonderful lullaby.
- I'm watching the movie "Dan in Real Life" at the moment. I really like this movie. It makes me laugh and warms my heart. I love the family scenes in it. They think of all kinds of fun things to do, they never once watch TV, they enjoy each other's company, and I love how marriage and family is portrayed--marriage is for life, and Dan's parents are a wonderful example of a couple who are a great unit, for example.
- I am so tired of food. I feel like all I've been talking and thinking about is food for the last month (haven't you noticed?!), and now that Thanksgiving is over, I want to have nothing to do with cooking.
- I want to buy all the little Christmas dresses and sweater dresses I see in the stores. I have been holding back on going nuts with the baby girl clothes, but lately I have started buying a few things here and there.
- I think it's special to be pregnant at Christmastime. I remember reading the Christmas story while I was pregnant with Noah and thinking how special it was that I, too, would soon be swaddling my baby.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Friday Night Randomness
Randomness is all I've got these days, peeps. I have lately lost the ability to string thoughts together in a coherent or interesting way. So this is what you get for the moment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment