It is snowing right now. It is snowing A LOT right now. We are supposed to get somewhere between 8 and 18 inches where we are, and Nathan estimates that we've gotten 10-12" so far. Ever since we've known that it was going to snow a lot today, Nathan has really been looking forward to taking Noah out on the sled. They've gotten to do it once this winter already, and Noah had such a good time. He had the rosiest cheeks and the biggest smile as Nathan pulled him around in the backyard, and it killed me that my camera battery died just as I went out to take pictures.
So Nathan took Noah out this morning on the sled, but it actually wasn't that enjoyable, because the snow was still falling and the wind was blowing a bit, which meant that some of the snow was getting driven into our faces. I did take a video of Nathan pulling Noah on the sled, but Noah actually didn't look that thrilled, because who would be happy about snow blowing in your face? They did stay out for a while, but I think we'll have more fun later, after the snow stops falling. We're hoping to go out again after his nap, when, hopefully, it will have stopped falling and it won't be dark yet. Stay tuned for some fun-in-the-snow pictures--I hope we get some!
Also, I made homemade biscuits for lunch. I think it might only be a small exaggeration to say that nothing warms a southerner's heart than a good biscuit.
Speaking of southerners:
I am cracking up, because I just heard Nathan explain to Noah that tomorrow we're going to get on an airplane and fly way up high in the sky and go to Texas, which is a lot like Heaven, only not actually up in the sky.
7 comments:
The stars at night are big and bright,
Deep in the heart of Texas!
The cowboys cry, "Ki-yip-pee-yi,"
Deep in the heart of Texas!
Counting the minutes!
Mom/GG
lol I love Nate's description of Texas :D Can't wait to see ya'll!
Aunt Deb
I hope he enjoys the flight :). I bet he will enjoy not having to put on 6 layers every time he wants to go outside!
how were the biscuits? was it the recipe i sent? i'm dying to know!!
Hey Court,
I haven't tried that recipe yet because I didn't have buttermilk and Crisco, but those items are on my list for January! I just used the recipe from the Joy of Cooking that uses butter.
Merry Christmas! Hope y'all have wonderful holidays here in heaven. :)
here's a tip: if you don't have buttermilk, you can add 1 Tbsp of white vinegar to 1 c of milk. let it sit for at least 5 minutes, and there you have it. i made biscuits for dinner tonight, and you can't tell the difference.
Post a Comment