So there are a couple of new things with Noah lately:
- Disobedience. He won't come when we say come here, he won't eat his food when we tell him to, he sometimes screams in frustration when he can't have something he wants, etc. This sounds suspiciously like the terrible two's to me. Ugh. So all that means that we have had a lot more time outs in our life lately. I'm trying to be very consistent throughout the day, which translated to like six time outs today. Fun times.
- Talking. He just doesn't care about talking, so he will only play along with the "Hey Noah, say this!" game when he feels like it. We are having trouble getting him to say new words. And sometimes we'll ask him to repeat a word he said a few days ago, and it's like it never happened. He also has no interest in learning his ABC's. Don't get me wrong; he loves books, and sometimes he'll even sit down and pretend to read them himself. But he loves books about trains, books with trucks, interactive books, etc. He is not so hip on the books that make you look at a big letter A. We know that he is actually pretty smart--he is the most observant kid I've ever known, even more observant than I am as an adult, in some situations. But this talking thing is just taking a while.
6 comments:
This discipline thing is hard...I have an especially strong-willed one (if I didn't make compromises all day it would be WAY more than 6 time outs unfortunately) and my struggle is deciding which battles to fight. So tough!!
Anyway, I am commenting because I have these educational videos from the Preschool Prep company and they are really pretty pleasant to watch, even as an adult, for learning numbers, letters and shapes. I was *shocked* at how fast Owen picked up letters from the videos, and their testimonials say that's common. So, don't know if that interests you, but you're welcome to borrow them...Owen won't go near them now :} I can bring them on Thurs. if you want them! Or not! Just a thought!
I'm just nodding my head. Motherhood is not for sissies.
I don't know why they call it the terrible 2s...it's more like the terrible 1.5s. But don't worry, kids figure it out. Hannah is finally starting to get it and she obeys alot more now. Just always follow through with what you say...as annoying as that can be sometimes.
Don't worry about the talking thing - Moriah wouldn't say anything for the longest time, then one day she started talking and she hasn't stopped since. Just keep reading to him (even if it's the same book every time), and he will learn. He will gain more interest in different things as he gets older.
Your recipes are just fabulous! I have a great one for pumpkin pound cake that can live in the freezer for several weeks and be ready if you have unexpected guests.
Re The Twos: Sometimes it is Mommy who needs the time out as in when things are really unreasonable, just walk away and refuse to deal with it.
Hope I can get this comment through.
Love to all 3and 2/3 of you, GMA T
PUMPKIN POUND CAKE
Butter and flour a bundt or tube pan. In large bowl whisk together until well combined:
2 c. flour 1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. salt 3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsps. baking soda 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
In second bowl whisk until smooth:
2 c. sugar 4 eggs
1 1/2 c. salad oil 1 can pumpkin
Combine everything until smooth and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Frost with vanilla frosting or use whipped cream (YES).
Post a Comment