Friday, November 13, 2009

Pumpkin Dip

I'm going to make this awesome dip for some dinner guests tomorrow. I got this recipe from a friend a few years ago, and I think it's originally from Cooking Light, though I can't find it on their website today.

Anyway, it's a sweet dip that's great for fall--it has lots of awesome fall flavors, like pumpkin, maple syrup, and apples. Every year, I find a reason to make this after we go apple picking, because it's fantastic with the orchard-fresh apples.

-----

Pumpkin Dip

1 cup (8 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, left out at room temp until softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3-4 apples, sliced

Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add syrup and cinnamon, and beat until smooth. Cover and chill 30 min. Serve with sliced apple (rather than wedges, I slice mine like potato chips). Use Cortland apples if you can find them--they don't turn brown. Otherwise, use Macintosh or whatever you like best.