Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hard Times

So it's been hard times here for my little potted garden. Nathan said that this June has had fewer hours of sun than most Boston Junes, by far. It has been remarkably cloudy, cool, and rainy. Most days don't quite reach 70 (not that I would trade that for the 100-degree weather in Houston right now, but still).

Because of that, my plants are doing only so-so. They are healthy and green, but they just aren't growing that fast.


There was also the pulling-soil-out-of-the-pots-and-throwing-it-incident, which still happens from time to time.

The other hard thing that's going on is teething. This boy has a hard time with teething, anyway--more than most kids. And right now, he is getting at least one molar (I think all four, actually). He was being really, really irritable the other day, as in throwing a tantrum whenever he dropped a cracker in the dirt. I knew something had to be going on other than just an early case of the terrible two's (or at least I really hoped so). Then it became really obvious that his mouth was hurting. Nothing seems to help except for the maximum doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and even that doesn't cut it sometimes. It's just hard to get teeth.


Poor kid. At least he's got a new bus and truck pajamas to help him through it. (He really does love those truck pajamas!)

1 comment:

Joy, Peace and Love said...

I remember how hard it was for him to cut his teeth here at Christmas. IT HURTS. Tell him GG is on her way and is bringing a box. By the way, I will need a box when I get there-shoe box size.
;)GG