Monday, June 1, 2009

Congrats to the Hugs!

My good friend, Kendra, had her baby boy last night! Yay!

Y'all, that girl's first birth truly embodied the word labor. She pushed for close to four hours with no drugs and finally gave birth to a nine-and-a-half pound baby. So when Hannah was born two years ago, we all lauded Kendra as a freaking hero.

But as of last night, her hero status got elevated, because not only did she end up with a C-section after pushing for more than three hours, but she had a freaking 10 lb., 11 oz. baby.

Yes, you can gasp again. A baby that size deserves it.

Baby Peter is a major cutie, though. He was 14 days late, which I'm sure contributed to his size. I was honored to be there with the family right after the birth, because I drove Kendra's parents and Hannah to the hospital. So I got to hold Peter shortly after he was born. However, I'm going to wait to post the pictures I took until Kendra and Caleb have the chance to post their own.

Congrats to the "new" parents!

1 comment:

als said...

Oh boy, Sara told me a bit about this story when I saw her today...what a trooper! And I thought a 9lb 12ozer was big! Yikes.