I have a confession.
I am a snob about certain types of food. The more interested I get in cooking and food, the more picky I get about certain things, particularly certain kinds of vegetables.
For example, I am a cucumber snob. I do not like regular cucumbers and will usually avoid them. Instead, I like the seedless English cucumbers that you find shrink wrapped in the produce section. Ahhh, if you haven't had those, you don't know what you're missing. There is just something about them that tastes better. Of course, they're about $2 each, too. I discovered seedless cucumbers when I made cucumber sandwiches for my mom's surprise birthday tea one year. There are few things in the world as good as a nice cucumber sandwich on white bread with a little fresh dill. Mmmm, it just tastes like freshness.
I am also a lettuce snob. I do not like to eat iceberg lettuce. I get annoyed when the only kind of salad on the menu is made with iceberg. I also got annoyed when I realized in college that Wendy's salads are really a bowl of iceberg with some greener greens on top. Dave Thomas, you con artist, you!
And if any of you has been able to avoid canned asparagus your whole life, you are one lucky fellow. Canned asparagus is awful. It's mushy and barely resembles fresh asparagus at all. I didn't know that I liked asparagus at all until I had it steamed one time.
That's all I can think of right now. What kind of snob are you?
2 comments:
I used to be a food snob of sorts. I hated (actually still don't like the plain stuff) starbucks coffee, b/c it tastes burned. I can tolerate it now. I used to secretly judge people who ate frozen entrees. I keep a stash of Lean Cuisines in the freezer ever since people stopped bringing us food when Moriah was born. I used to eat Taco Bell all the time, but now I've moved up to Taco Cabana, so at least that's one step in the snob direction.
I'm a food snob too! To my husbands dismay, I hate most kinds of leftovers. Pasta leftovers are okay...really any Italian leftovers are okay, but that's about it. I'd rather make a "fresh" pb&j sandwich for dinner than have the leftover chicken and mashed potatoes. Thankfully, Steve loves leftovers, so it all works out.
Post a Comment