So today was the Boston Marathon, and Reebok has been putting out a "Run Easy" ad campaign for running shoes lately. Today I saw a really funny one that said:
The British aren't coming!
The British aren't coming!
Run easy, Boston.
It just cracked me up. Nathan and I thought that one was much better than the ad on the T that shows someone throwing up, then says "Run Easy." What? Is that supposed to inspire me to get out there and run?
Actually, I recently found out that an old friend of mine from high school is training for a marathon. I got kind of inspired and went running on Saturday, and, well, it's not that I didn't get far; it's just that I didn't run far (I actually got lost in our neighborhood right when I was about to start wheezing and had to wander around until I found a major street back home, so I actually went a long way, just not very fast).
Speaking of the Marathon and other Patriots' Day activities, we didn't do any of them! Yes, I'm all talk. The weather was so stinky, though, that we really didn't relish the idea of standing in a crowd in the wind and chilly rain, watching a bunch of guys, miserable in their wet costumes, "shooting" at one another. There wouldn't have been any question if it had been a nice, sunny day. But since we had a nor'easter instead.... The rain also kept us away from the Boston Marathon. Instead, I rented a Zipcar for most of the day and did some major grocery/Target shopping, which was heavenly. (Don't laugh--whenever you have to carry heavy groceries half a mile home every time you need something, then you can have an opinion on whether having a car to grocery shop is heavenly or not.)
No comments:
Post a Comment