Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Brown/Spring/Easter

I was sick of the brown! So I updated the blog's template. Enjoy the color. It goes with spring, I think.

Speaking of spring, when is it coming??? We've had a few 60-degree days, but I could count them on one hand. This whole week it's not getting out of the 40's, and it's cloudy and drizzly. Stink!!

I think Easter Sunday will be sunnier, though. How appropriate!

Speaking of Easter, when I was a little girl, my mom always bought me an Easter dress to wear on Easter Sunday. Every Easter, I feel like I need to be wearing a new flowy, pastel, feminine dress, or else something is not right.

I'm interested in knowing which traditions you have like that - the ones you thought were insignificant but that you miss if they don't happen. Add a comment if you have one.

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

I don't really have any traditions that I miss, but the things we did when we were little I will most certainly do with Moriah. Things like making Easter egg-shaped cookies, dyeing eggs & hunting for them on Easter morning, baskets filled with all manner of candy except those nasty Peeps. I hate Peeps. I also like church on Easter. It seems all the more glorious on that day than on any other.

Unknown said...

Aside from the usual, I would always fold my palm frond on Palm Sunday into a cross and we'd keep it out for a while. Our church didn't have palms this year, so I missed doing that.

And, yes, Easter Sunday we had new pretty dresses (with white hats and lace gloves). Although it was rarely warm enough.