Speaking of men's clothes: we will likely be buying Nathan a new interview suit sometime soon. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to buy a nice suit that isn't too expensive?
Carey's always had a lot of luck with Men's Wearhouse. What price range are you looking at? And honestly, I'd get two -- a lot of interviews are two day affairs (at least they were for Carey).
I like Nordstrom, but the MOST important thing is to ensure that the suit is tailored well. Nothing looks worse than a bad fit, like a jacket that rumples on the back or shoulders that sag. My brother is not a normal size (he’s 6’4 and very, very slim) and had a suit custom made (not bespoke, but made to measure his body) and it looked so so so much better than anything off the rack.
7 comments:
Men's Wearhouse. Also Jos.A.Bank is having a sale, buy one, get one and a sport coat free.
Check Filene's Basement. Sometimes they have great things.
I am thinking cheap. Ebay.
Post a wanted ad on Craigslist.
Ask for one on Freecycle.
You won't even believe what I just got for free on freecycle!
We got all three of Jeremy's new suits at Jos A Bank. They're almost always offering a buy-one-get-one-free or half-off sale, so don't pay full price!
It's too bad you can't go in with someone because who needs two suits...especially if they are just for interviews.
Carey's always had a lot of luck with Men's Wearhouse. What price range are you looking at? And honestly, I'd get two -- a lot of interviews are two day affairs (at least they were for Carey).
Bethany
I like Nordstrom, but the MOST important thing is to ensure that the suit is tailored well. Nothing looks worse than a bad fit, like a jacket that rumples on the back or shoulders that sag. My brother is not a normal size (he’s 6’4 and very, very slim) and had a suit custom made (not bespoke, but made to measure his body) and it looked so so so much better than anything off the rack.
Post a Comment