It seems that just about everyone's thoughts and prayers are directed towards the town of Newtown, CT in light of Friday's events. As for me, my thoughts have been turned there daily since it happened.
Sometime during the day on Friday, Nathan texted me that there had been a horrible massacre at a school in Connecticut. It wasn't until hours later that I turned the news on, and my jaw dropped when they said it was in Newtown, because I know people there.
About five years ago, when I was running my Arbonne business, I had a team in and around Newtown. I used to drive down there from Boston to meet with them every so often, and based on my experiences in that area of Connecticut, I would always tell Nathan, "I love Connecticut! It's so pretty!" And, indeed, it is. The town of Newtown is particularly lovely. There's a view of idyllic foliage from just about everywhere. It feels peaceful. It is certainly affluent (the real estate is outrageous). And it's very quaint.
One couple I know there is Stephanie and Will, and they've been in the forefront of my thoughts, because Will is a police officer in Newtown, and I believe he was one of the first responders. I remember him as being very tall, muscular, and capable--everything you'd want a cop to be--and both he and Stephanie are strong Christians, as well. I have no doubt he is a fine policeman, and my thoughts and prayers are especially with him right now as he deals with the personal repercussions of this horrible tragedy, which are probably even more profound since he and Stephanie have a small child.
I thank God that Will is safe and will continue praying for him and Stephanie in the coming weeks. I can't imagine that they would not need comfort and support, and I am sure that they and all of Newtown appreciate your prayers, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment