Cambridge, we heard your siren call, and here we are!
Nathan and I are in England, folks. We have been looking forward to this trip for so long! The last time we were here was nine years ago: I studied Shakespeare, Nathan visited his old elementary school and his old neighbors, and we both enjoyed the general splendor of the place. I loved it so much here that I have been saying ever since that I'd be happy to live in Cambridge.
And here we are! We've done lots of walking already and have seen a whole lot of the city, even though we've only been here for 24 hours. When I originally made out our plans, I wanted to go make a day trip out to Jane Austen's house and Epsom, but now we have decided that we may just stay in Cambridge for our entire trip rather than taking time away for other outings. We love it here, and we're hopeful that we'll have other opportunities to see all the other things we'd love to visit in England. Perhaps one day we'll move here for a while.
Nathan's dad pointed out that there are more Beneshes in Cambridge right now than ever before: Nathan's parents, Nathan and me, Deborah, Matthew and Emily (who live here), and Nathan's Aunt Traci and cousin Barrett. It has been lovely to see everyone in a vacation spot that we all love.
The weather here has been perfectly splendid (for a girl from 100-degree Houston, the 70-degree highs have been heaven) the setting is beautiful, there's lots to see and do and learn, and the company is wonderful. What more can we ask for?
I'm taking pictures galore, but I committed a fatal error and forgot the cord that connects it to a computer, which means that I will have none of my own pictures to show you until we get back home. But in the meantime, I leave you with this one:
1 comment:
Oh, I see -- you left your camera cable at home! Maybe it's a good thing. You should enjoy your trip and do all the blogging/photo posting when you have down time (on the flight home?). I'm about 3 weeks behind in blogging, but it's hard to make myself sit down and do it when I could be out and about.
Anyway, so happy for you guys! A well-deserved getaway for you two, and it's with the family so even more perfect.
Post a Comment