Friday, September 3, 2010

Six Months Old!

Miss Jane is six months old today!

We celebrated Jane's half birthday in Waco this weekend. It was fun to make her a cake, just as I did for Noah on his six month birthday. And Jane wasn't complaining; although she didn't get to taste the cake, she did enjoy it when everyone sang to her (her brother did a particularly wonderful version of "Happy Birthday").

About my girl:
~She's reaching for everything and putting it in her mouth.
~Everyone comments on how sweet and happy she is and about what a wonderful smile she has. I also often hear that she looks just like a doll.
~She loves to eat. Solid foods have been a success. (Although she's not that crazy about avocado.) Bananas and good old rice cereal are her favorites.
~She has some serious baby thighs. When I try to lift her out of the Bumbo, the Bumbo comes with her because her legs don't just slip out. I always have to tug it off! Ha! To be fair, though, the same thing was true of Noah for a while.
~I love to hear her crow and coo. She loves to "talk" to you or "sing" with you.
~She is reaching for things more regularly. Most notably her mama when she wakes up and is hungry, and her sippy cup, with which she is enthralled.
~She is just always so happy!

Love that Janey Beth!

No comments: