Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Favorite Birthday Gift So Far

Okay, so it's my only birthday gift so far. But that doesn't mean I'm not totally excited about this:
Okay, I might be a little corny, but I am so pumped! I can't wait to use my Texas-shaped waffle maker! April knew I wanted one and sent it to me as an early birthday gift!

This part of the label cracks me up:

Okay, "Texas shaped" is obvious. "Texas sized" is a totally common phrase. But "Texas powered"? Alright; they're stretching it on the whole "Texas sized" thing, but I'll go with them there. But then they just go downhill with "Texas owned," and I'm kind of done with their non-cleverness at this point. Yet I'm still somehow kind of tickled that they tried to be cute.

Anyway, I just might have done a little happy dance in the kitchen when I opened the box. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! Waffles always remind me of the Penland cafeteria in a nice nostalgic type way ;)

Deb

Andrew said...

Powered works if that's a bigger power supply than most waffle makers (likely since it's Texas sized :)). The owned bit is awkward.

Now I'm hungry for waffles.

Anonymous said...

I want you to make me a Texas size PECAN waffle!
yummmmm!
mom