Noah is nine months old today! I wish I had a picture from today to show you, but I didn't take one. Mostly because he was dang fussy all day long. My mom was convinced he was sick (and he might have a little cold), but it turns out he just needed to pop a tooth!
That's right, folks, it was nine months in coming, but one of his front teeth FINALLY broke the skin. There is a tiny pinprick of a tooth showing through. What a birthday present.
Speaking of which, he is really in a lot of pain with this teething thing. I can give him Tylenol or Motrin, and it does not get rid of the pain completely. He is still clingy and miserable. We have also tried teething rings, propping his bed up near the head to keep the blood from pooling in his gums and further inflaming them, etc. And although those things help, he is still in a lot of pain. Is this normal? I know every kid is different, but I just want to make sure there's not something else going on.
6 comments:
Yeah Noah! The tooth has broken free!
Way to go! We are teething too :/ . Ella gets a really high fever when she teeths (even though they say babies don't, she does--- like 103.7!). We alternate Motrin and Tylenol. For her molars I did that until her fever broke then I started giving her Hyland teething tablets (tiny quick dissolving white tablets). They have helped her calm down and not be fussy almost immediately! I have also frozen her teething rings (she's 15 mos and still chews them when she's teething) or give her ice water to drink and even a popsicle now and then!
We are in teething screams too. My nine month old will not sleep, nap or stop fussing for more than 5 minutes. Oh God help us all. KMR
He's right on time! Mine were after age one which was great for the whole nursing thing.
1. Distractions- anything outside and have a full day planned.
2. Frozen strawberries or any frozen fruit in a feeder that they sell at Target with a handle and mesh netting on the end (so he doesn't choke).
3. Nursing may make him feel good or really bad and go back and forth. If he wants to nurse more it may help. If it hurts he may go on a strike.
Those are my 3 cents...
Love ya!
Oh and I agree the teething tablets ROCK! They made Landon sleepy so we only did his before sleeping times.
try some popsicles. you can even make your own.
Post a Comment