So I went home and tried to recreate this dish, or at least a less sophisticated version of it. I haven't perfected a sauce on my own yet, so I just use some bottled alfredo sauce. I thought you might enjoy making something inspired by the fall, so here it is. (Although if you want the real thing, you'll just have to make a little trip to Boston):
Butternut Squash Pasta
8 oz. rotini, cooked
1 butternut squash
3/4 c. alfredo sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
3 dashes nutmeg
Cut butternut squash in half. Butter a cookie sheet (I pop mine in the oven for a minute first to make this step easier). Place the squash halves cut side down on the cookie sheet, and bake at 400 for approx. 40 minutes, or until soft when pierced with a fork. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, then gently pull the skin off of one half of the squash. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Reserve the other half of the squash for whatever you want (I made baby food).
Combine all ingredients. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment