So I thought some of you might like to hear how my little garden is going. Well, some of you might not, actually. Poor Liz is getting worn out with all the domestic blog entries lately, I know. I will have to post something intellectual for her benefit soon, but plants are on my mind today.
Well, the short version is that THEY'RE GROWING! Seriously, this is a red-letter summer for me. Plants that I, Lauren, am in charge of are NOT DYING!
Okay, so the dill died, but it was yellow from the get-go, so I don't think it had much of a chance.
But the tomato plant is about 8 times the size it was when I bought it, and it has little buds that I hope start developing into lovely little tomatoes. I absolutely adore fresh summer tomatoes. I can't wait. The basil plant is growing nicely, too. I think I need to start harvesting some of the leaves--apparently that helps it grow even more. And I can think of a million ways to use basil. In fact, I might use some for the 4th of July tomorrow. The lavender is bigger and still smells fabulous. The oregano and the rosmary are doing okay, but they aren't growing as fast as the other things. That is okay. They look healthy, and I'm happy that the other plants are growing quickly. Besides, there is only so much I can do. Only God knows how to make the plants grow. I certainly don't. :)
By the way, I am still waiting to hear from a lot of you on the haircut issue. I really do want to hear what you have to say about it!
3 comments:
Glad your garden is doing so well! Yes, I think you'd loook adorable with a pixie cut. Plus, your hair grows faster when your pregnant, so if you don't like it you can easily grow it back out :)
-Deb
I say cut it! It will grow back if you want it to.
I think it would be cute and you would feel like an official MOM!
gardening is separate from "domestic" things in my mind. plants are far less domestic than bunt cakes. i actually like to think of things growing- but i am with you. i tend to kill them. but my roommate christy is a wonder with them. i am happy envisioning your herbs and lavender. i bet they smell wonderful!
Post a Comment