Well, it's been a while since I posted a new blog entry, so I have been trying to think of something interesting to say, but nothing is coming to mind. :) All of the interesting things are happening in my friends' lives rather than mine, so for lack of anything else to write, here is a summary of others' goings on:
1. My excellent friend, Liz, graduated from law school in San Antonio this weekend. She is an amazing person. About three years ago, she spent 7 months in Myanmar as a missionary and befriended several Buddhist monks. She has kept up with them, one or two have converted to Christianity, and she is taking a "Monk Tour" this summer to see them all, which she has opened up to others who have followed her journey the last few years and would like to go meet and serve these monks in person. The whole thing is pretty dang cool.
2. My friend, Courtney, has a really funny baby who is in love with shoes. She walks around all day saying "shoes, shoes, shoes." I think that's hilarious for a kid who is barely a year old.
3. Ken and Meredith just moved into their new house in Dripping Springs. Apparently they found an awesome antique table and hutch in their dining room that were not there before--how cool! They also got an amazingly cute, fuzzy kitten and named him Tobias (you Arrested Development fans will think that's really funny).
4. A lot of our Bible study friends here in Boston are leaving us in the very same week. Caleb and Kendra are moving home with their new baby to Washington state for the summer, Dave and Bonnie are moving into their new house a ways out of town, Carey and Bethany are going to Italy for Carey's internship with Ferrari, and Ben and Julie are leaving for their Mediterranean cruise then moving to Dallas. It'll be a quiet summer in terms of the MIT Eastgate Bible Study!
5. Daniel, Nathan's brother, quit his job at Schlumberger as a field engineer in Mexico and is now looking for work in Atlanta, where he went to school. It looks like Atlanta will always be his home, or at least his preferred home. Anyway, I guess 24-hour shifts were not his idea of the ideal career.
6. Andrew, Nathan's brother, graduated with his master's and is starting his Ph.D. in counseling this summer. Craziness! Take a break, brother!
7. Matthew and Emily set a date for their wedding--March 8, 2008.
8. My friend, Johanna Johnson, is finishing up school in NYC. I don't know the name of her school, but it's basically Broadway school. She pretty much learned how to be a star. She already had the most magnetic stage presence--I can't wait to see what she ends up doing. She tried a different career path for a while, but she just couldn't shake the acting/singing/dancing bug, so she and her husband moved to New York. I think it's ridiculous that they have been up here for 2 years and Nathan and I haven't seen them yet. Funny fact: Jo and I got engaged around the same time, and we met one day in Waco to introduce our fiances to each other. We just knew the guys would like one another. So we all walked into the restaurant, and lo and behold, they say, "Hey Matt, how are you?" and "Nathan, what's up?" Turns out they already knew each other! They were in neighboring boy scout troops. Small world.
1 comment:
I like your randomness. It makes for good blogging. And like my life is so exciting?? I make it sound so much more than it actually is.
Post a Comment