So I don't think many of you know this, but I am a total Dave Ramsey nut. Do you know who he is? He's a talk radio host who has a show (and an empire) about helping people get out of debt. I have always been a numbers girl, had a budget on Excel since I was 16, etc. (yes, I'm a nerd--we already knew that), so listening to financial stuff is already interesting to me. But what I really like about him is that he really helps people wherever they are and gives them hope, and I also like that everything he says is just plain common sense.
I got introduced to the whole Dave Ramsey thing when our church in Houston hosted one of his seminars. Nathan and I went to it when we were engaged, and it really helped us have a game plan for how to handle our money after we got married. I totally believe in his system, because not only is it common sense, but it is Bible-based and WORKS. In fact, my parents and Ken & Meredith went to a seminar last fall on our recommendation and they're all on the plan, now, too. We're all going to be all financially healthy, and that honors God because you're being a good steward of his gifts.
Anyway, if you want to check it out, the website is www.daveramsey.com. I also subscribe to the membership website, where I go and download all 3 hours of his radio show every single day to put on the iPod. I listen to it (along with my Arbonne Learn & Burns) on my commute, while I do dishes, etc. It's good stuff, and I have learned a ton.
No comments:
Post a Comment