Sunday, January 12, 2014

Project 52: Photo 2

This is my Noah on his sixth birthday.
 Coming soon: an entire post about my boy's birthday.  But for this post, I'm just going to address the photography.

I chose this picture because the lighting is very nice and the focus is just what I wanted.  The exposure is pretty perfect, too.
What might be better is the composition, I think.  I'd like it better if his eyes were along the top third line (rule of thirds).  Of course, this particular photo can be cropped to make that happen.  I also think the composition might have been more effective if the aspect were horizontal rather than vertical because of the way he's holding his head.

So that's my self-critique on the technical elements.  As far as other aspects to the photo: I like his completely natural expression, the catchlights in his eyes, and the fact that the light is not flat on his face (one side is slightly shadowed).

And I must also add that our next house is going to have some great natural light (I hope!)!  Our current house is fairly dim, and it is SO HARD to get the exposure correct without kicking up my ISO so high that everything becomes grainy, which is why I'm showing you a picture I took outside!  But it's good for learning to shoot in any circumstance, I suppose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! He sure looks cute in this picture! https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiww6FDEHi_jkhduug0d0DkxNvOifV0xH_MB_tY4cw2wLfn1ytDc1rF2jl2IxBUsfLo_dZMCO-8AR59LaAAFAU35bqh8wuoRHIOvIEyg8RpKpI3uFMgi-ERvem7XF82wmjEHDUmmX6YKzU/s0/IMG_3574.JPG When I downloaded the original I sharpened it just a little and displayed him life size. The picture is so clear and sharp he appeared to be directly in front of me and appeared as though I could reach out and touch him, which is really cool. I was sitting there thinking to myself, "you sure are good looking!" I finally leaned close and began kissing him on the mouth and lips giving him great big juicy kisses. I was literally blown away. The display is warm and silky smooth so it seemed like I was really getting to kiss him and that was just incredible. The expression on his face was awesome. I felt a little embarrassed, but I was all alone with him and having the time of my life. I sat there for the longest admiring his good looks and enjoying each kiss to the fullest. I am going to put this boy on display life size in my bedroom in one of my large digital picture displays. He will be so much fun to have life size in my room.