Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Big Reveal: Noah's Geometric Boy Blanket

I finished Noah's blanket!


Actually, I finished it a couple of months ago, but I only just now took photos of it.


I wanted a more boyish pattern--the boyish colors help, of course, but something more geometric also seemed to be in order.


Although I do wish I had made it bigger, I am pretty pleased with how it came out.  The punch of red in the border, especially, makes me happy.

Two down, one to go!
--

I adapted a pattern from this book, changing it so that it goes back and forth rather than round and round.  And then I just experimented with borders until I had something I liked--sorry, I didn't write it down!  But it was pretty simple, and you can probably figure it out by looking at it carefully, if you are so inclined.

Pattern:

-Foundation Row: Chain a multiple of 4 (such as 80), then ch 3 more.  Turn. 
-Row 1: In the fourth stitch from the hook, dc.  Dc two more times in the following chain stitches.  *Ch 1,  sk 1 ch, dc in each of the 3 following ch* all the way across.  Turn.
-Row 2: *Ch 3.  Sc in the sc sp between clusters* all the way across.
-Row 3: Ch 3.  2 dc.  *Ch 1, 3 dc in ch 3 sp* all the way across.  Turn.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 until the blanket is the length you'd like, changing colors as you go if you'd like stripes.  **Important: Row 2 is the contrast color row (the red in my blanket).  You will only see the stitches that you single chained between the clusters.  I only used the contrasting color every fourth row.**

Finish with any border you'd like.



No comments: