Friday, October 4, 2013

"Fall" in Houston

So earlier this week, as I was watching the morning news, the weather girl came on and gave the forecast for the next few days.

"It's going to continue to be hot and humid into the weekend, with highs into the 90's through the rest of the week," she said.  "But once Sunday gets here, it's going to feel like fall!  I can't wait!"  Then, she added, "I'm going to pull out my tights and put on a pot of potato soup!"  "Ooo," I thought, "Tights and soup?  Weather like that will feel amazing!"

Then the high and low temps for the following several days popped up.  I want you to guess what the forecast high was for the fallish day.

65, maybe?  That, to me, would feel like fall.  But, let's be realistic here; we're in Houston.

Okay, so maybe 72?  It's been so warm lately that 72 would be fantastic!

Nope.  The high for the day in question was 84.  EIGHTY-FOUR.  Really?  Who puts "tights" and "soup" in the same sentence as "84 degrees"??

I'm still laughing about it.  I guess that if we're anything, we Texans are optimistic.  We take what we can get when it comes to cool weather.

No comments: