Silly faces!
The other day, we had a play date with our friends, Saber and Emry, and their mom, Leti. These cute boys are just the same ages as Noah and Jane, so we've been good friends for a couple of years now. Among other things, they're in the same Mother's Day Out classes.
Nathan likes to tease our kids about who they're going to marry when they grow up, and recently, when he asks Jane, she says she's going to marry Emry. "Well, you're going to have to ask Mrs. Leti if that's okay," he says. "Okay," she replies, because that seems perfectly reasonable.
So I told Leti about this, and she turned to Jane and said, "Jane, do you have something you need to ask me?" "Can I marry Emry?" "Well, why do you want to marry him?" "Because he calls me Bow." "What?" "He calls me Bow." "Okay, well, anyway, I guess we'd better go ask him!" So off ran Jane to ask Emry to marry her.
"Emry, will you marry me?"
"No thanks. But I like your bows!"
Ha! Oh well. Best to wait a few years, Janey Beth. And maybe let the boy ask you.
No comments:
Post a Comment