Clara was five months old yesterday!
She's getting bigger and more interactive all the time. As a friend who hadn't seen her in a while said yesterday, "She's like a real person now!" Ha!
Clara is developing better control of her hands, which is opening up a whole new world of play for her. She grabs toys, faces, and Mommy's hair. She's also getting better at standing and holding her weight, and Nathan has a little party trick that he likes to do with her while she stands (video forthcoming).
She's very ready to eat solid food; she watches us feed ourselves with rapt attention, mouth hanging open. A couple of weeks ago, as she stared at me while I was eating grapefruit, I figured it wouldn't be so bad if she had a little taste. So Clara's official first food was grapefruit juice. (Hey, it's better than wasabi chips.) She rolled it around in her mouth with her brows furrowed and an "I'm-not-quite-sure-what-this-is-about,-but-it's-interesting" expression on her face.
And here's a video I took of her making her new noise. I have never had a child make this noise before. After hearing it all day, it does get a little old....
She's still a delight and a sweet girl!
3 comments:
What a cutie! Wow, we have the exact same exersaucer and I think Eden makes that exact noise!! My theory at the moment is that the 3rd kid has to be seriously loud to compete with the other two. And, they have as speech models a couple of rambunctious and noisy older sibs. I've seen a couple other cases of very loud 3rds. Who knows though! 5 months is fun!! Not mobile yet, but interactive and the trying food stage but not having to worry about eating enough, just enjoying tastes. Enjoy it!!!!!
How funny, looks like you're well on your way to a raucous house! :)
Noelle makes that same noise. I showed her the video and she was delighted. :)
I played this video and Sinatra came running in from another room in the house to see what was going on! :)
Post a Comment