Here we are in the Baker Commons. We had lunch together here almost every day for most of our college years. This is also where we met for the first time during O-week. He asked me if the BU on my shorts stood for Baylor University, I said yes (I had transferred from there), and I asked him how he would have guessed that. He said his dad was a professor there, I asked him what he taught, he said Physics, and I said something like, "Oh, I wouldn't have had him, then." It was a completely romantic conversation, was it not? ;)
This is the Baker College library. When Nathan took Jane in here, they agreed that it looks JUST LIKE the library from Beauty and the Beast.
For the centennial, Rice had a lot of neat events planned, including a very elaborate light show on the beautiful Lovett Hall, which normally looks like this:
We didn't get to stay for the light show, but evidently part of it looked like this. Pretty incredible!
Go owls!


No comments:
Post a Comment