Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Various and Sundry

  • Nectarines may be my favorite summer fruit.  There's just nothing like them.  (Pears are my favorite fall fruit, in case you were dying with curiosity.)
  • Noah and I were discussing our favorite seasons this morning.  I said mine was fall, and Noah said his is winter.  (Obviously, we live in the wrong place!)  Anyway, we had a winter night this evening--I turned the air conditioning way down, and we built a fire, had hot chocolate, and roasted a couple of marshmallows.  I also thought about wearing scarves, reading a snowflake book, and playing a snowflake game, but it got too late, and it was really still too hot for scarves.  We looked forward to our "winter night" all day, and it definitely fell under the category of "things I would not normally do but am trying to make an effort to do this summer before the baby comes."
  • My snowberry tomatoes are finally producing!  (And my green and orange striped ones are, too, but they're not ripe yet.)  Still waiting on the German Strawberry Reds, Brandywines, and Dad's Sunsets.  I bought some tomato fertilizer today to help them along.

No comments: