What I've already done today:
- Attended both kids' Mother's Day parties at Mother's Day Out.
- Went to Lowe's and picked up a bunch of gardening stuff.
- Made some overdue phone calls.
- Completely doused nearly my entire garden in soapy water to try to get rid of bugs--particularly some stink bug nymphs and some nasty little caterpillars that I have found eating leaves on nearly every plant. My dress is wet and a little soapy in the front.
Things I still need to do today:
- Prep a lesson for Noah's Kingdom Kids group today--it's my turn to teach.
- Prep for a talk I'm giving to my mom's middle school class tomorrow. Sigh. I don't have the first clue about how to talk to middle schoolers. Plus, it's at 8am; we might need some divine help to get us out of the house in time.
- Use our borrowed carpet shampooer, because our carpet is starting to bother me.
- Drop off some drycleaning.
- Run by the bank.
- Make tonight's dinner for my family and start to prep the dinner I'm taking to a group of 10 tomorrow.
- Go over the harmonies I'll be singing with Sarah at her concert on Thursday, because there's a rehearsal tonight.
Just about all of that has to be done within the next two hours. Can I do it?!?!
3 comments:
What are you talking to the middle schoolers about? My advice is talk to them like they are grown-ups, have a sense of humor when you talk to them, and know that even if they don't seem receptive, they really are listening.
It was this morning, and I think it went pretty well. The talk was to a gifted and talented class, and it was about how sometimes it's hard to be the smart kid in middle school, but that God gave us all gifts and talents, and it pleases him for us to embrace them and develop them. (One of my mom's students was having some issues with that, so she asked me to come talk to the whole class.) I incorporated a bunch of Scripture and also a line from "Chariots of Fire," where Eric Liddell says, "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure."
I hate to be the voice of discouragement, but your stink bugs have to be knocked off of the plant into a cup/bucket of soapy water. I have had no luck, ever, with spraying them. Kill those suckers, because they will suck the juices out of your tomatoes!
Post a Comment