This week, the projects revolve around fixing up some things on our house:
- A huge tree branch fell ON NATHAN'S CAR this weekend, dented it, and scared my dad (who found it) because he said it would have killed one of the kids if they had been playing in the driveway. Task #1: Have the tree taken down or seriously trimmed. Texas peeps, evidently because of last year's drought that is continuing into this summer, even if your tree is green, you need to be careful, because it could have some bad branches or even be on its way out.
- Task #2: Start on our downstairs bathroom renovation. The room is literally falling apart--seriously, a light fell from the ceiling and shattered a few days ago while we were out one evening. The shower is cracking, and there are some other problems. Time to jump on that project before the baby comes. Getting an estimate soon.
- Task #3: Get quotes to have our overgrown and overwhelming backyard landscaped, or at least, to have everything dug up, cut down, or pulled out. That is a serious job, people, and Nathan simply does not have the time for it. Our yard is an eyesore and needs to be taken care of. One problem I'm having with finding a landscaper, though, is that this is their busy time, and one woman told me it'd probably be the end of July before they could take another job on (!). I do have one guy coming out to give us a quote this weekend. Hopefully he works out.
Whenever I get time, I'll post some recent pictures and do a garden update. Until then, you know what I'll be working on!
No comments:
Post a Comment