Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Noah's Fourth Birthday!

Well, here it is almost Jane's birthday, and I haven't posted anything about Noah's yet! I'd say it's time.

Noah turned four on January 9. So far, I have to say that four is my favorite age. Potty training and most of the rebellion from the terrible two's is over, and let's just all agree that putting those two things behind you is a happy thing. So what we've got now is a sweet, pretty well-behaved, FUNNY little boy who loves to play all day long. Also, because he has advanced quite a bit verbally, he comes up with the funniest stuff and makes us laugh every day. And he is finally interested in learning. He sings the alphabet song every day, is learning how to spell basic three-letter words, is asking questions about counting and simple addition, and so on. He does still need a little help with his speech (he still doesn't have his G's and K's), but we'll be working on that this year. All in all, he's very much a delight.

Here are Jane, Elizabeth, Spencer, and Noah at Noah's party. This is probably the one half minute when they all sat where we told them.

For probably six months, Noah had been talking about having a volcano cake at his birthday party. So we went with a dinosaur/volcano theme, had a huge inflated dinosaur and other dino decor, and had this cake:
Y'all, I spent hours the day before making that cake. I thought it looked a little science fair-ish, but Nathan the Geoscientist was so impressed that I started to feel pretty good about it. And all our guests thought it was pretty cool, too. Nathan kept it well fed with dry ice, so it smoked for the whole party, until we cut it. Everyone loved it so much that I came to feel that that volcano was probably my biggest success of the year so far. Ha!

Noah was very focused on opening presents. It was as if no one else was there.

And that cake didn't just look good. It tasted good, too!

We sure do love our Noah Thomas!

3 comments:

als said...

I sure do love that dress Jane is wearing...gorgeous!! Happy Birthday Noah!! 4 is definitely our fave year too :)

Katie said...

So impressed at the volcano cake! That is legit!

Kim said...

Wow, that cake! So impressive. You should totally do a blog post about it.

AND happy belated birthday to Noah :) I can't believe he's already 4, sheesh.