Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Have I Slipped So Far?

To keep this from being the saddest month ever on the blog in terms of number of posts, I'm blogging tonight, on the last day of January. Wow. Has it ever gotten so sparse? No! Never!

I apologize, dear readers. I've been busy, distracted, and tired. And the result is that I have a backlog of pictures that I'm not sure what to do with; do I leave them off because we are so far beyond Christmas now? or do I post them, since otherwise I'll never display them anywhere else? I think I'll end up posting them. They'll just probably be a series of pics with captions, and will therefore be far less interesting than they would have been had I posted them right away, with memories fresh and time aplenty. So I guess I should tell you to be prepared. :)

In the meantime, if you pop on in over here and there's nothing new, check out Mark & Kim's blog. They're some old college friends from Rice, and they have a fantastic food and travel blog. Lately, Kim has been posting a lot of little gems, so check them out. Their food is wonderful and different from what I generally cook, which to me is refreshing. Plus, their pictures are fantastic and Kim's writing makes you want to take part in everything she finds interesting. Their blog draws me in whenever I read it, so I thought I'd share it with you guys, too.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lauren, that is the sweetest thing ever! I'm so glad you enjoy reading. I also love reading your blog. It is a fantastic way to keep in touch with you guys and your lives. I find myself wishing more of my friends would blog!

Also, consider this a vote of agreement -- no question that you should post the picture backload, even if it means Christmas pictures in March.

Katie said...

No judgement from me on the not blogging :) Although today I had a brainstorm that I want to start a blog called "Things that are Awesome" as I find myself saying this phrase a lot to people-Ooh file that under things that are awesome. It would sort of become a more detailed extension of my FB gratitudes and would cover a variety of things.

Post the picture backlog with captions-people love pictures on blogs and I love seeing pictures of your kids!