Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Because you really just can't have too many things to eat with Nutella.

I adapted this recipe from one I saw in a magazine. It got my attention because its main ingredient is the fabulous Nutella, and also because the ingredient list is super short. The chocolate chips are my addition; in the original recipe, you split the cookies in half and spread Nutella between the layers, making a sandwich cookie--I'm sure that's quite delicious, but this takes less time and is very tasty with less effort.

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

1-1/2 cups Nutella
3 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2-1/2 cups self-rising cake flour (regular self-rising flour will work okay, too)
8 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat together the Nutella, eggs, and butter, then slowly add the flour. The dough will be wet. Fold in the chocolate chips, but don't stir more than three or four times.

Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it gently three or four times. The dough will be sticky, so you might need to dust it with a bit more flour and flour your hands. Next, pull off portions of dough (I aimed for a size of about two tablespoons), roll them into balls between your palms, and place 1-2" apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm. Don't overbake. Makes about 50 cookies.

No comments: