Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Rootin-est Tootin-est Cowboy in the Wild, Wild West

One of the novelties of living in Texas is Go Texan Day. Growing up, Go Texan Day was always so much fun: dressing up, doing cowboy activities, learning your Texas history, and so on. This event might be just a Houston thing--I'm not sure--since it tends to happen right around the start of the Houston Rodeo.

Well, Noah's Mother's Day Out doesn't forget that we are in the great state of Texas, and they invited all the kids to dress up today. AND they had pony rides. I mean, come on. That is pretty awesome.

Here's my Cowboy Noah.

Did you check out those awesome boots? We bought them last night. Nathan and I were pretty excited--moreso than Noah, although he has really been enjoying them, too.

It's a little ridiculous to buy a real pair of boots for a kid who's going to outgrow them fairly quickly, so we chose a color that would be girl-friendly, too, so Jane could wear them when she's big enough. But we just had to get them. Nathan and I love those boots. (I feel the need to add a disclaimer that, NO, we did not buy the crazy expensive boots that they make for children--I mean, $100 for kids' boots?! No way!)

By the way, I forgot to mention that Nathan's Valentine's gift to me was to take me boot shopping! Yeehaw! We found the perfect pair for me, which I will have to write about/describe/post a picture of later, because they didn't have my size. We keep going back, but they have yet to have my size in stock. Anyway, there will likely be more on my boots later, but suffice it to say that the Beneshes are beginning to look pretty darn Texan.

2 comments:

als said...

TOO CUTE!! Love it. Owen's cowboy boots are limited to a pair of Old Navy cowboy boot-esque slippers :) He would be so jealous of Noah! Can't wait to hear more about your pair.

Kim said...

cute cute cute. he looks so pleased with himself (as he should).