No. Stinkin'. Way.

Did my eleven month old seriously just get the animal crackers off the shelf, unscrew the lid, and help herself? Oh yes, folks. Yes, she did.
Today, my Janey is eleven months old. As you can see, she is very curious, active, and darn cute. She either learns quickly by watching or is extraordinarily innovative, as evinced by the fact that she unscrewed that cap--twice--just now. (Going to have to put those animal crackers on a higher shelf!) She is starting to get into everything and is keeping her mama on her toes.
Just as Noah did, Jane likes anything with buttons. She'll lunge for the remote control, phone, computer, or camera before she will even look at any toys. She also loves chairs (somehow it's thrilling to climb into them, especially if they are child-sized, which are still too big for her) and books. If I give her a book in her car seat, I'll often hear her "reading" it as we're driving along.
I think I have a climber child. In the past week, she has climbed ladder-style into Noah's twin bed, using the toe holds between the mattresses and between the box spring and the frame to help her; she's climbed on top of the new children's table I bought by using a chair; and she's tried to climb a folded up step stool like a ladder. Climbing is something Noah didn't really do, and it is scary to find your baby halfway up the side of a bed and clinging on with all her strength!
Despite this newfound adventurous spirit, Jane is still the sweetie we know her to be. One of her Mother's Day Out teachers this week said to me, "Jesus gave her a quiet spirit." I think that's a great way to phrase it. She went through a few short days of serious separation anxiety, but she seems to have gotten over it quickly.
We sure love that Jane Elisabeth!
3 comments:
TOOOOOO CUTE!!!
You definitely have your hands full!
xoxoxoxo
mom
Gosh, those teeth are coming in like crazy. Seems like more every time I see her! And I noticed the climbing thing as well. She's pretty fearless.
The MDO teacher left out one thing. God gave her a sweet, quiet spirit.
She is a blessing.
GG
Post a Comment