Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day!

Did everyone have a happy Thanksgiving? I sure hope so!

I thought that today would be a good day to recount our Thanksgiving stories. Did you have something funny happen? Did someone say they were thankful for something especially sweet? Did your favorite corn casserole totally bomb? Let's all leave a comment with a little nugget from our day.

Here's mine: Though we didn't have anything truly exciting like a five foot fireball this year, we had a very nice Thanksgiving. Right now, we're heading out to go camping with my parents (first time for the kiddos!), so that is our exciting thing for this year. What's yours?

1 comment:

als said...

Oh no! No comments, I'll have to leave one :) Well, our hosts were frying turkeys and why not make the most of 5 gallons of peanut oil. So we took our own 15 lb-er. Got it home, took it easy the rest of the evening, and then I decided I should carve it up before we went to bed (it was late by this point). Reuel took over the carving (my effort must have looked pretty sorry) and then put it in tupperware. Next morning...woke up to the tupperware still on the counter, full of turkey!! Argh!! I guess since we split the job we both thought the other was going to put it away...or it was just late and we were absentminded. So, lots of leftovers with no turkey main dish!! Oh well, not like we needed extra food, but the turkey was the lowest calorie choice so we probably just ate more stuffing than we should have. Now, that's a long comment, so I've done my part to fill out your comment section! ;)