His gift from me was 28 Trader Joe's Pound Plus chocolate bars. Um, yes, that would be over 30 pounds of chocolate. He loves those chocolate bars, and we won't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us after we move. We've joked about how we should buy a bunch of their chocolate before we leave, but I don't think he thought we'd actually do it, so I surprised him with one bar for each year of his life for his birthday. It was a heavy boxful of yumminess.
And the yumminess didn't stop there, because I made him a carrot cake from scratch. (I'm kind of proud of myself for the "from scratch" part.) The funny thing is that the recipe only makes one layer, and I thought, "Gee, I think a birthday cake should be two layers," so I doubled the recipe and made a two layer carrot cake. Let me just tell you: those are no ordinary layers. They are pretty darn dense. That cake seriously weighs like 10 lbs. I am not kidding.
So I guess, all things accounted for, Nathan received at least 40 lbs. of yumminess for his birthday.
Happy Birthday, Babe!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Nathan! I hope you share the 40lbs of yumminess with Lauren and Noah :-) As a side note, we miss TJ's too!!
you crack me up, lauren! happy birthday, nathan!
Happy birthday Nathan!
You guys may be leaving Trader Joe's territory but you're entering Central Market/Buffalo Market territory. I love our grocery stores. I will be seriously sad to say sayonara to Central Market.
Wow, that's awesome!
How come a picture of all that chocolate didn't make the blog? Did they even have that much chocolate in stock?
They had to special order me a box of the chocolate!
Post a Comment