- Today was the first day of Mom to Mom, and I decided to make Noah's monkey backpack his diaper bag for the day. He hasn't seen this backpack in a long time, so it was basically like a brand new stuffed animal to him, and he loved it. Here is the only clear picture I got, which, sadly, doesn't actually show the monkey. But it was the only one in which he wasn't moving around too much. And he's pretty darn cute in it, so I thought I'd post it, anyway.
- Ever since Nathan went on his second week-long Canada trip this summer, Noah has been having some separation anxiety. As in, he wails if I leave him anywhere, including on the front porch while he watches me put something in the trunk of the car. So I knew that leaving him in Mom to Mom's nursery this morning wouldn't just be cake. Sure enough, he cried so hard when I left, and I was surprised that I made it through the whole thing without getting paged. When I went to pick him up, he was sitting in a stroller outside the door of his room--turns out he wailed any time they got him near the door, so he just strolled around in the common areas the whole time. For two hours. Bless those ladies.
- On the drive home, Noah danced to the music on the radio. He is so funny when he dances.
- We both took long naps. Hooray.
- Nathan had an errand to run this afternoon for which he needed the car, so Noah and I picked him up, and we all went. Because Nathan needed to work for about another half hour afterwards, Noah and I stuck around in the area. We collected acorns, and Noah discovered how handy pockets are. Then we sat on a grassy area and watched all the fire engines that showed up at Harvard's science center (since there was a HazMat truck there, I'm assuming something bad leaked in one of the labs or something). There were a whopping seven emergency vehicles there, including about four fire trucks, so we sat across the street from them and watched, fire trucks being one of Noah's passions in life. Noah waved at all the firefighters, and they all waved back. Then we practiced seeing how far Noah can throw acorns.
- Tonight, when I was putting Noah to bed, he did something he's never done before. We always read some stories from a toddler Bible, Noah turns off the light, we pray, then we sing a song. Well, when I asked him what song he wanted to sing, he started singing, himself. He has been doing this lately, but it's never actually a melody of a real song, and he stops whenever we start singing with him. So it was really sweet tonight when I started singing "Jesus Loves Me," and he not only sang with me, but when I got to the word "Bible," he called out, "Ba-ba!" (Bible) and kept singing along.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
A Good Day
We had a good day today. Here are some of the nice things that happened:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like days like that. I miss days like that.
words that make my heart melt
mom
Post a Comment