Last weekend, I went to the park with some friends and took their family pictures. I loved it. And, as it turned out, they loved their pictures. They'd never had a family photo done before, and when they asked me to do it, I said something to the effect of, "Well, I'm a very new photographer, and I can't guarantee they'll be awesome, but I'd love to do it." And I think it's safe to say that we were all thrilled by how they turned out. I sent them over 20 shots, and here are a couple of my favorites:
I was so happy that I was able to capture this family's joy and closeness. And (bonus!) they are pretty awesome and treated us to dinner and a game night at their house.
-----
Before I showed up at the shoot, I made a list of poses to have them try, and most of them worked very well. Here's a list, for my own future reference:
- Parents standing, touching, holding child
- Mom and Dad hug, child by legs
- Three pairs of feet
- Mom-child-Dad holding hands, crop Mom and Dad's upper body, shoot at child's level
- Each parent alone with child (snuggle, nuzzle, tickle, have Dad lie down and child piles on top)
- All together, tickling (I believe that's what was happening in that first photo)
- Whisper to one another
- Reading together
- Child alone--"Do you see the butterfly in my camera?" (tried to elicit meaningful eye contact with viewer), look down (try to get lashes--this little lady was too quick!)
- Feed the ducks (particular to this location)


1 comment:
Love, love, love! I cannot love this enough! We were so excited to be your guinea pigs, and I can't wait to get these printed and on the walls in our house! You do beautiful work and have fun ideas. Next time, I think we'll have to actually pay you in dollars instead of dinner. :)
Post a Comment